WATCH+LISTEN: DRIVING SOLUTIONS – CBT News + Work Truck Solutions
The automotive industry has experienced notable shifts in car buying behavior over the last five years, even in the commercial vehicle segment. Since 2022, fleet customers have been a primary source of sales for manufacturers, with many owing their unexpectedly fast post-pandemic recoveries to business clients.
On this episode of Driving Solutions, host Jim Fitzpatrick is joined by Kathryn Schifferle, founder and chief visionary officer at Work Truck Solutions. Schifferle has extensive knowledge of the commercial vehicle sector and the car buying behavior exhibited by fleet customers. Now, she discusses the incredible opportunities the segment presents to dealers, along with strategies to penetrate the market.
1. Commercial vehicle customers have been a steady source of sales for the automotive industry, but due to the rise of delivery services, the segment is poised to grow substantially in the coming years.
2. Dealers have overlooked opportunities in the commercial vehicle segment due to a lack of familiarity with the sector and the buyer behaviors driving fleet sales.
3. Commercial vehicles are used in 80% of the businesses representing the nation’s gross domestic product.
4. Manufacturers are also introducing products and technologies to help dealers break into the commercial vehicle segment.
5. To learn more about the unique opportunities in fleet F&I and fixed ops, visit Work Truck Solutions during the upcoming Digital Dealer conference in Las Vegas at booth #1427.
“The businesses that buy commercial vehicles, every year they’re in our markets doing our plumbing, doing our building, etc., and then during the pandemic, everyone saw them because they were the businesses that were essential.” — Kathryn Schifferle